January 2020 High Lows

This year I'm changing formats for the monthly recaps. It's basically the same as GBOMB, just a little name adjustment. I'll list the highs and the lows of the month, and, if needed, I'll throw in a miscellaneous category at the end. So let's get to the first High Lows of the year (which is on the sparse side).

H I G H S
+My Hanley family came to Tucson for a visit since we're approximately a halfway point between everyone. It was fun to have everyone come over to our house to hang out in our backyard. We don't see each other often, but it's always a good time when we're together.
+Eliza is finally crawling!! Hallelujah! I was honestly afraid that she was going to hold off on crawling for a few more months. She still is super clingy and likes to be held a majority of the time, but crawling has definitely extended the time she spends independently.
+We have spent so much time outside this month. Arizona in the winter is magical. Just don't ask me how I'm feeling about the weather in the summer.
+The volleyball court is finished!! Well, not entirely. We still need to get the posts up for the net and we might make some other modifications in the future, but everything else is done!
+Eliza turned one! How is she one already?! We just did a smash cake after dinner the day before her birthday and she wasn't the biggest fan of it. It tracks with her personality.
+Olive is kind of potty trained? She uses the toilet when she wants and wears a diaper when she wants. I guess that's better than nothing especially when there are no accidents. I'm just waiting for her to decide she's done with diapers. It's bound to come soon.

L O W S
+Not so much a low, but rather an entirely too busy category. I completed approximately 25 hours of foster parent training and became CPR/First Aid certified as well. And... besides that, my mind is blank about what other things occupied our time in January, but it was a constant barrage of things to do. Apparently I blocked it all out as a coping mechanism?
+Eliza has been teething. She's getting teeth 7&8 and she is miserable and not sleeping which means Andrew and I are miserable and not sleeping. Why does teething work this way? There has to be a better way to get teeth.