December 2019 GBOMB

The final GBOMB of 2019! Here is the Good, the Bad, and what was On My Brain for the busy month of December.

G O O D
+We had our church's holiday party near the beginning of the month which the kids were stoked about. Any type of "party" gets the kids excited.
+December is such a fun month for Christmas movies and books in our house. This year I made a book advent calendar counting down to Christmas. Every night the kids got to unwrap a new Christmas book to read before bed. All it took on my part was wrapping up existing books we already owned, but it was a big highlight in Taylor and Olive's day.
+Olive turned 3! We didn't have a party or anything, but she got a few gifts and a cake made of donuts. I think for Olive just being able to say, "it's my birthday!" over and over again was gift enough for her.
+I turned 28. I'm not a big fan of my own birthday just because I don't really like extra attention so I always request a quiet day at home. It was wonderful.
+Andrew's company shuts down for the holidays which meant we got lots of time to be with family. Just a few of the many things: gingerbread house making at Grandma Donuts, Olive attending The Nutcracker with Grandpa Snow and cousins Emmy and Piper, an hour spent at Uptown Jump with the cousins, a joint birthday celebration for Olive and the twins, time spent with Papa Tracy on his birthday, Christmas Eve dinner and talent show at Grandma and Grandpa Snows, Christmas morning with cousins, Christmas dinner and hot chocolate at Grandma Donuts, and a quick trip up to Vegas to spend time with Andrew's cousins and all of their kids. It was a action packed holiday break spent with lots of family.
+We lied to the kids and counted down to the New Year at about 8pm. It's nice that they're young enough to fall for that. No one teach my kids to tell time.

B A D
+I mentioned that Eliza had a stomach bug in the November GBOMB, but unfortunately that stomach bug continued into December. It ended up being 7 days of throwing up which is a scary thing when you're dealing with a tiny baby. Luckily it's over and everything is roses.
+The volleyball court is still not done. It's getting closer, but there's still things that need done. Maybe by the end of January it will finally be finished.

O N  M Y  B R A I N
+Reading. This month I read quite a few books. I go through lulls where I won't read anything and then I go through times where I read a ton. I want reading to become more regular and not let it fade to the background as it does sometimes. I had set a goal to read 40 books in 2019, but only read 22. I'm setting the same goal of reading 40 books in 2020 and I'm determined to reach it this go-around.
+I'm in a Marie Kondo mood. This usually happens after Christmas when we get an influx of new things. I'm not a minimalist by any means, but I am trying to make more meaningful decisions when it comes to what stuff we have around.
+I've been thinking about resolutions. I'm not real big into setting super specific goals for the year, but I do think the New Year is a great chance to make changes and try new things. Not sure what soft goals I want to do, but I am contemplating a few things. The kids and I are trying to do the "1000 Hours Outside" challenge. It's a big goal and we may not hit the actual 1000 hours, but it will definitely get us outside more, and there's no down side to that.