38 Week Bumpdate

We just got back from Thanksgiving in Nevada with all of Andrew's family. My doctor was a little worried about me traveling while full-term, but I successfully made the trip without going into labor. 

It was a great time and I'm so glad we went, but staying in a house full of small children is a breeding ground for germs. As soon as we got home, I got hit hard with one of the worst colds I've had in years. I've lost my voice, my sinus pressure is ridiculous, and I'm coughing up a storm. This would be my third time getting sick in the past four weeks. I think I suddenly became so sickly because I was thinking about how lucky I was that I haven't caught any bugs in so long. Curse you positive thoughts.

via Let Me See You Sparkle at 28 weeks.


The only upside was that Taylor seemed to have avoided the most recent plague. That is until last night. He started coughing around 10:30pm and couldn't seem to stop. He coughed so hard he started to throw up (all over me). So we sat in the bathtub until he calmed down. Once he was cleaned up, he seemed a little better, but still couldn't sleep with all his congestion and coughing. So I decided I would sleep with him sitting up in our big comfy chair. Horrible idea. I probably got about 3 hours of sleep last night which does not sit well with this sick pregnant lady. Poor little Taylor though, this is his fourth cold in four weeks. And now it looks like Andrew is coming down with our hacking cough which is not good timing since he has finals next week. Our house is a plague zone, don't come over.

Now with all that complaining over, I thought I'd do what most likely will be my last bumpdate. As much as I want baby girl here, I'm glad I haven't gone into labor yet. I really want to kick this cold before she gets here.

via Let Me See You Sparkle at 28 weeks.

How far along? 38.5 weeks. Baby is the size of: a ukele. She is most likely at her full birth weight and height. Maternity clothes? I have about three shirts I can wear that comfortably cover my bump. All others I have to continually tug down to cover my ever-growing belly. Sleep? Sleep is okay. Just very frequent bathroom visits with how low this baby is. Movement? Movement from baby is starting to hurt. She thinks her foot can comfortably kick through my uterus wall. Sorry to break it to you darling, but that's not the way you'll be exiting. Weight gain? I've gained about 25-30 pounds this pregnancy although it could be more. I haven't kept track very diligently. Belly button in or out? My belly button kind of just gets flat-ish? A little bit out I guess since you do notice it through my shirt. Stretch marks? None that I can see. But there's a lot of me that I can't see anymore. Haha. Happy or moody? Very happy that it's the Christmas season and that baby will be making her appearance any day now. Looking forward to: getting this little human out of me and getting to see her perfect little face for the first time. Also being able to bend over without feeling like my insides are exploding Doctor report? 4 weeks ago, my doctor checked me and I was 1 cm dilated, 50% effaced, and baby's head was at -1. Dr. T told me I could expect the baby any day. Except that the next week I was the same. And the next week. And, can you believe it, I was the same when I went in yesterday. My doctor told me that as soon as I start contractions I can go to 10 cm very quickly, but he's still surprised that I haven't progressed more (I'm surprised playing a round of bowling last week did absolutely nothing, because it sure felt like that baby was about to fall out). My doctor said we can go ahead and strip my membranes next week if I wanted to speed things along. Depending on how long this sickness lasts, I might do that.

How was your Thanksgiving?
Have you ever had your membranes stripped?
Any tried and true methods to get over a cold while pregnant?