Life Lately

Oh hey, remember me? I used to blog around here. Don’t you worry, I have my list of excuses ready.

Excuse #1- We bought a house! Yay! Woo hoo! Excitement! 
We made an offer the beginning of January and we got the keys the end of February. We moved in this last weekend (and when I say “we” I really mean my husband, father-in-law, and a bunch of helpful people from our ward moved us in. This 35 week pregnant lady did nada). Now our new house is full of boxes and furniture that I refuse to put away until all the bedrooms are painted because all the walls in our house are currently a lovely salmon color. Great choice previous home owners. With a new house comes lack of internet, but I am finally back on the grid.

Excuse #2- Our dog had puppies! 
We bred Harley in December and expected puppies to make their appearance somewhere between February 21-24. Nope, Harley decided to wait and go into labor the day of our move. So while everyone around us was loading our boxed up apartment into the U-Haul, Harley was having contractions. I, of course, had to be there for moral support. She went a long time without making progress (and in progress, I mean there were no puppies coming out!). We got a little worried since English bulldogs are known to have some issues birthing their big-headed babies so we headed to the vet office.  After an ultrasound, the vet told us there was a dead puppy blocking the birth canal, otherwise she would have been able to naturally whelp her litter. That meant a c-section for Harley. We left her there around 7 pm and were called back around 10 pm after the surgery to let us know that along with the two puppies we were expecting, the dead puppy somehow came back to life after it was removed. Umm what? Those types of things actually happen?! We were able to pick up Harley and her pups around 3:30 that morning and now, among our boxes, we have the best little mommy and three healthy, adorable puppies.

Excuse #3- I’m pregnant! 
That is currently my excuse for everything. Can you help with this? No, I’m pregnant. Want to hang out? No, I’m pregnant. Can you stop eating all the food in the house? No, I’m pregnant. But for real, yo. That picture was from two weeks ago and baby is growing like a weed, so imagine that belly, but even larger. I can’t believe we’re going to have a baby in 5 weeks! People keep asking me how the nursery is coming along and if I have my hospital bag packed. Umm no, not even close. We don’t have a crib for baby, let alone a nice little bag set aside with things we’ll need at the hospital. Let’s hope baby boy doesn’t make an early surprise appearance. Keep baking baby, we still have a few things left to do.

And there you have it, my excuses of why I have been neglecting this little ole blog. I’ll try to post a bumpdate next week and maybe I’ll post some pictures of the inside of my house, hideous wall colors and all. In the meantime, since I now have the internet again, I’m going to catch up all the pointless drama that’s been happening on The Bachelor (uh, what? No, I don’t watch that trash… often).