17 Weeks

I simultaneously love and hate these pregnancy questionnaires so I give you full permission to skip over this post.



How far along? 17 weeks. I can't believe I'm four months pregnant already! Baby is the size of: a pear. About 5 inches long and weighs about 6 ounces. Maternity clothes? They're not really necessary yet, but I really hate any and all waistbands. I've slowly been acquiring some items from Target and PinkBlush. I have a few maternity tops that I love and I pretty much live in leggings. Sleep? I wake up a lot to change positions. I usually fall asleep pretty quickly afterwards, but it's still not extremely fun to wake up at least five times during the night just to roll over. Movement? I felt my first kick on Saturday! I usually push a little bit on my stomach when I'm laying in bed just to see if I can feel anything. As my hand was laying on my stomach, someone decided to push back! Best moment of the week? Feeling the baby kick. Crossing my fingers for more movement soon! Miss anything? Sleeping on my stomach. Food cravings? Not so much cravings, more like there's only a few things I can eat. I go through a family size bag of frozen chicken nuggets a week, and I really like pasta, rice, and potatoes. Anything make you queasy? The dishwasher! Andrew is on permanent dish duty. Showing? My stomach is starting to protrude. I'm just waiting for the day that it looks like there's an actual baby in there and not just a large meal. Weight gain/loss? Morning all-day sickness got the best of me (and still occasional gets the best of me) and I lost 7lbs the first trimester. I'm slowly getting back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Hopefully I'll be able to start packing on the pounds now that I can eat a little more. Stretch marks? Not yet. Happy or moody? Happy. I haven't had too many mood swings thus far. Looking forward to: finding out the gender in two weeks! At our 12 week ultrasound, the tech told us what they thought it might be so I'm excited to either confirm or deny that.


Top: PinkBlush  |  Leggings: PinkBlush  |  Flats: Target (similar)  |  Headband: Wet Seal